Although real estate investing is a numbers game, it can also be very emotional. The mood swings of buyers and sellers is what drives the market. In turn, those market changes can expose the risks of real estate investing and when times get tough, emotions can run high.
Here's a collection of real estate quotes from some of history’s greatest minds. Reflect on these quotes the next time you need a little motivation to keep going in your real estate journey.
- “Real estate cannot be lost or stolen, nor can it be carried away. Purchased with common sense, paid for in full, and managed with reasonable care, it is about the safest investment in the world.” - Franklin D. Roosevelt, U.S. president
- “Ninety percent of all millionaires become so through owning real estate. More money has been made in real estate than in all industrial investments combined. The wise young man or wage earner of today invests his money in real estate.” - Andrew Carnegie, billionaire industrialist
- “Landlords grow rich in their sleep without working, risking or economizing.” - John Stuart Mill, political economist
- “Games are won by players who focus on the playing field—not by those whose eyes are glued to the scoreboard. If you instead focus on the prospective price change of a contemplated purchase, you are speculating. There is nothing improper about that. I know, however, that I am unable to speculate successfully, and I am skeptical of those who claim sustained success at doing so.” - Warren Buffett, billionaire investor
- “In the real estate business, you learn more about people, and you learn more about community issues, you learn more about life, you learn more about the impact of government, probably than any other profession that I know of.” - Johnny Isakson, U.S. senator
- “To be successful in real estate, you must always and consistently put your clients’ best interests first. When you do, your personal needs will be realized beyond your greatest expectations.” - Anthony Hitt, real estate professional
- “Don’t wait to buy real estate. Buy real estate and wait.” - Will Rogers, actor
- “A funny thing happens in real estate. When it comes back, it comes back up like gangbusters.” - Barbara Corcoran, real estate investor
- “Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth.” - Theodore Roosevelt, U.S. president
- “Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual's cash flow and wealth.” - Robert Kiyosaki, author
The common thread among these quotes is that all demonstrate the proven, long-term wealth building qualities of real estate investing. There will be ups and downs in the real estate market. However, in the long run, you'll see for yourself what the famous people on this list see. Investing in real estate can be very rewarding, both personally and financially.
Photo by Precondo CA on Unsplash